Seneca College and the Raspberry Pi.

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 21 14:19:17 UTC 2012

I trust most of the folks here have been following the story of the
Raspberry Pi, a $35 (or $25 depending on model) Linux running computer
designed in the UK. Here is a short video about what Seneca College is
doing about the Raspberry Pi :

http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/676

Bottom line, Seneca College will have a release of Fedora Linux
available for download to a 2+ GB SD memory card when the Raspberry Pi
starts shipping (hopefully within a week). There will be room for
improvement with the initial Fedora release that Seneca College does,
like the initial release will NOT take advantage of the video graphics
acceleration hardware on the Raspberry Pi (ie:  video will work, but
slowly (a possible issue for me, as the first job I want to see a
Raspberry Pi in is video related)).

Still, imperfect as the initial release may be, this is great news as
it means the Raspberry Pi will at launch will have enough software to
get up and at least crawling. Also, nice to see a greater Toronto area
institution getting some very positive PR in the open source
community.

Colin McGregor