Archives of GTALUG list

Alex Volkov avolkov-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 17 03:57:27 UTC 2012

I love git and am a very silly person, so I created a mirror of tlug
list on github. I also wrote file that could be run as a cron job to
update mailing list contents periodically, and a  bash wrapper that
commits changes to github.

I ran the thing and the resulting commit was around 37MB which is in
absolute terms somewhat worse than bzip2-compressed text file of 29.3
MB. Uncompressed file size is 182.4MB.

https://github.com/avolkov/TLUG-Gmane-backup

One unfortunate thing, is that github treats txt file that contains
mailing list content as a blob and doesn't display it.

Alex.