Making a deb package

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 16 16:25:24 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have been able to package software into rpm in the past but have not
had the opportunity to package source code into deb package format
till this morning. I am wondering if anybody here has forward a
reliable documentation to assist

My hope is to get apache version 2.2.22 that I can use to update the
distribution provided apache, which is a little behind.  I couple of
things I have noticed.

On RedHat, I usually download a source RPM and then uses the source
spec file as a starting point.  I am having problem finding an
equivalent file do the deb package.  I believe its called control file
on Debian based system.

Anyone done this before and would know where I could locate it?

Regards,

William