SparkleShare

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 9 16:59:00 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 11:16 AM, Giles Orr <gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Has anyone used SparkleShare?  It's essentially a DropBox replacement
> that you run yourself, with git on the back end.  I got it installed
> on Debian testing last night but had no time to experiment - glad
> there was a package available as it, or its dependencies, sucked in a
> variety of packages including mono and libbluray that suggested that
> compiling it yourself wouldn't be pretty.  If anyone has used it, I'd
> be interested in stories of installation, problems, client behaviour,
> pretty much anything.

There's a Debian package now; it seems to start up OK, and generates a
couple of SSH keys.

Then the X client closes off the initial configuration window, and
doesn't appear to offer a way to open another window to get to the
bits of the application involved in managing repositories.  So that's
looking pretty vastly useless, at this point.