Arduino, etc.

Digimer lists-5ZoueyuiTZiw5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 29 18:02:32 UTC 2012

On 12/29/2012 06:40 AM, Zbigniew Koziol wrote:

> "Arduino is an open-source electronics prototyping platform based on
> flexible, easy-to-use hardware and software."
>
> Thats from http://www.arduino.cc/
>
> Arduino and its derivatives are available also in Russia. Another slent
> here is *Марсоход <http://marsohod.org/index.php/howtostart/plata> (Mars
> Orbiter, or something like that).
>
> These are indeed nice toys and could even be used in industry.
>
> Does anyone around has an experience with tools like these? Where
> electronics can be joined with programming.
>
> Of course, I am interested in such ones that could be used on Linux.
>
> The primarily reason I am interested in is to use these to teach medium
> school kinds of electronics and programming. However, I would enjoy
> myself as well to play with them.
>
> I would possibly want to prepare a some sort of comparison chart between
> these tools. Hence, any opinions, recommendations, etc, please.

I use arduinos in my Node Assassin project (http://nodeassassin.org).
They're very fun devices to build on. However, I think a lot of folks
are using the Raspberry Pi more often now. The RP is a full computer, so
it's much more powerful and capable. I still like the arduino though;
it's very simple so it's still worth using in cases where
simple/reliable are more important.

--
Digimer
access to education?