Cubox? Linux 3.7 released, bringing generic ARM support

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 27 15:21:36 UTC 2012

On 25 December 2012 10:01, Thomas Milne <thomas.bruce.milne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I got an eSATA cable for Christmas, Tiger Direct apparently gave away a nice
> 7 foot cable for $8. Sweet! At least now it has decent storage for my
> bittorrent lawlessness. ESATA won't hotplug due to kernel power saving moves
> by Cubox devs, you have to reboot, but otherwise sweetness.
>
> It is actually a pretty good computer in general. The problem comes with web
> browsing when you get beyond a couple of tabs open in Firefox and all the
> scripts start to pile up in the background. I guess that's a combination of
> memory and lack of hard FP? I am not an expert... :-)

Perhaps installing the NoScript Add-On would help?  Many sites will
work entirely without scripts, and turning just local scripts on on
other sites (ie. not the ones provided by advertisers) will make the
site function without undue burden on your Cubox.  NoScript can be a
PITA, but I think you'd find it worthwhile given the limitations of
the computer.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/