Merry Christmas from Russia

Molly Tournquist mollytournquist-ifvz4xmYPRU at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 25 22:34:28 UTC 2012

> In Russia catholic tradition is not considered official. However, at the
> level of university lifestyle I am free to not go to work on "my"
> Christmas day. Orthodox Christians celebrate 2 weeks later.
>
> Yesterday, me an my (Russian) wife guested a young Russian couple with
> their 1-year daughter, on "our", catholic event. Even though Catholicism
> is not considered official in Russia, I feel here well.

Christmas after boxing week, that seems like an elegantly useful arangement! I should have been orthodox.

That's just hilarious, we didn't even spend christmas eve with anyone(and I mean, ever). However, my family does habitually arrange get togethers two days later, so they can ruin boxing day for me.