Does The HP Envy 4-1050ca Support Intel Virtualization?

Ivan Avery Frey ivan.avery.frey-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 25 16:11:25 UTC 2012

On 23/12/12 18:58 , D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> This might just be a configuration switch under control of the BIOS.
> I remember when VT-x was in processor chips but many BIOSes disabled
> it.  Idiots!  This might be the same.

This is precisely the reason why I'm trying to confirm whether the above
mentioned laptop supports VT-x. I know the processor (Intel Core
i5-3317U) does, but is the BIOS enabled for it?

This is an attractively priced ($900 regular price) laptop with a
maximum memory of 16G.

Direct Dial is selling a few box damaged units for $725:

http://www.directdial.com/IMOB5T11UA%23ABL-DDO.html

Ivan.