ubuntu when Ubuntu Software Center is dead

Matt Price moptop99-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 20 14:00:48 UTC 2012

Maybe you know this already, but the ocmmand line will still work:

apt-get install PACKAGE

to install a package, and

apt-add-repository REPOSITORY-ID

to ad a PPA or other repository

dpkg -i PACKAGEFILE

or

gdebi PACKAGEFILE

to try to install a package that you've downloaded manually.

Does that help

matt