Looking for suggestions about new computer power supply

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 19 20:11:39 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 02:34:22PM -0500, William Weaver wrote:
> Personally, again this is personal experence, I lean toward Antec and
> Corasir. Both sell gold seal brands with a range of wattages. That having
> been said if your computer is old and or your on a budget, these
> powersupplies may be worth more than the rest of your computer. After I had
> to beg a professor for an extention because I belw a power supply sophmore
> year and it took my graphics card with it, I've been buying the "good
> stuff" ever since. Plus garbage in, garbage out, clean power means better
> operating equiptment.

Both Antec and Corsair have good power supples.  Both also have some
really bad ones.

For example: Antec Basiq 430 and 500 are great.  Antec Basiq 450 is
garbage.  Different manufacturer and completely different design on
the 450.

Other example: Corsair TX750, 850 and 1000 were great, the TX650 was crap
(and a totally different design by a different maker).  TX750M is just
OK, TX750 v2 is great.

So it really isn't that simple.

I go by www.hardwaresecrets.com's list of gold award power supplies.
That guy really seems to know what he is doing.

--
Len Sorensen