what is the best distro for HP laptop?

Marcelo Cavalcante kalibslack-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 14 16:54:19 UTC 2012

I think the big question here should be:

Which distro do you use and feel confortable with?

I think that's the point you should look for.

If you're used to OpenSuse and know how stuff works in this distro, and you
listen (or read o.O) to me when I say "You should use Arch Linux on your HP
machine, it rocks!", perhaps you'll just find a lot of problems like: What
is this file doing here? How can I start this service? Why is it asking me
to identify this daemon? etc..

Perhaps, in this case, Arch won't be the best distro for YOUR HP machine,
because it will just give you problems to solve (and makes you waste your
time). But (just for joke) if you send me this machine as a christmas gift,
I would say that Arch is the best distro for this machine, because now it's
not about YOUR HP machine, but about MY HP machine.

BUT (a huge "but") you're not used to any distro, you should pay attention
on what Colin and William are writing about. Perhaps it's time to read
about some distros, check the differences, test a few of them, etc.

It's really up to you. You're the only one who could say which distro would
be better for your machine.

best,

Marcelo Cavalcante Rocha - Kalib

Graduando em Sistemas de Informações - ESTÁCIO/FIC
Usuário Linux #407564 | Usuário Asterisk #1148
Fortaleza - Ceará - Brazil
Celular: +55 085 87620983
Certificações: ITIL
V3<http://www.itil-officialsite.com/Qualifications/ITILV3QualificationLevels/ITILV3FoundationQualificationinITServiceManagement.aspx>
 | CSM <http://www.scrumalliance.org/> | LPI-C1 <http://www.lpi.org/> |
LPI-C2 <http://www.lpi.org/> | LPI-C3 <http://www.lpi.org/> | Novell
CLA<http://www.novell.com/training/certinfo/cla/>
Minha Pessoa: Blog <http://www.marcelocavalcante.net>
Projetos: Tux-CE <http://www.tux-ce.org> |
Archlinux-br<http://www.archlinux-br.org>
 | Chakra <http://www.chakra-project.org/> | KDE Brasil <http://br.kde.org>
 | TLUG <http://gtalug.org/wiki/Main_Page> |
PUG-CE<http://pug-ce.python.org.br/blog/>

Proteja meu endereço como estou protegendo o seu.
Não revele e-mail dos correspondentes: use Cco (Copia Carbonada Oculta).
Retire os endereços antes de reenviar. Dificulte assim a
disseminação de vírus e spam.