Linux terminal/SSH clients

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 13 11:14:54 UTC 2012

Hey all,

Most of time for my SSH needs, I just open up Konsole (or gnome-terminal
etc) and then SSH to my destination.
In windows-land, I found that Putty was useful but lacked some of the nicer
features available on a linux client (tabs, split window, etc)

Some of my more windows-centric colleagues have taken to using SuperPutty
(essentially a putty wrapper), which seems to have fill on those missing
gaps and more.

Among some of the nice features are:
- Tree/folder view of servers, so you can have a webservers "folder" with
webservers nicely categorized beneath that
- Split window tabs, so you can have the window split with 3 webservers
tabs open on the top, and 2 application servers in the bottom, etc

Anyone know of a Linux client which offers similar features. The tabs would
be a nice-to-have but with hundreds of servers to manage the tree/folder
view is what I'm really looking for.

--
Tyler Aviss
Systems Support

"Computers don't make mistakes. They can, however, execute those provided
to them very quickly"