19 years of Linux Journal on DVD

Kevin Cozens kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 7 08:02:35 UTC 2012

On 12-12-06 05:31 PM, Scott Elcomb wrote:
> Not sure if this is indexed & searchable; if it is, might be worth the
> $35 to some. Gets you all 224 issues - from March '94 to December '12.

I've been a subscriber since the early days of the magazine. On one hand
it's tempting but on the other, I've lost interest in the magazine after
they stopped producing the paper copies and went digital. I spend enough
time at the computer I don't need to spend more time reading a magazine.

I tried to cancel my subscription in December just after they made the
switch but it seems they got rid of the people in the customer service and
subscription departments as several attempts to contact them have failed to
get any acknowledgement. Back when I was one of the people who missed
getting a few issues due to the problem with the fulfillment house, the
person who said they would respond to all messages about that problem never
responded to me either so it seems the customer service department was thin
even back then.

After I had tried to cancel my subscription I still received another message
about a PDF file for January. I put my subscription on hold to stop them
from sending me any more files. They still owe me a refund for 16 issues (it
should be 17 including the January issue).

--
Cheers!

Kevin.