Semi-Off Topic - The Geek Must Do Before You Die Checklist...

Mike Kallies mike.kallies-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 31 15:34:10 UTC 2012

On 12-08-31 11:14 AM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 10:37:37PM -0400, Colin McGregor wrote:
>> Here something amusing :
>> http://www.dailycupoftech.com/2009/05/04/the-geek-must-do-before-you-die-checklist/
>> . Items on the checklist are a mix of Linux and items from those other
>> operating systems. I went through counting how many I have done my
>> count is 44 (missing a bunch of "other" OS items).
>
> Seems rather mixed.  A lot I have done many times, and some things I
> have no interest in ever doing (and see no point in anyone doing).
>
> I can't believe I have replaced 3 laptop keyboards this year alone
> though. :)

I've never actually replaced a laptop keyboard... I've removed,
dismantled, repaired and replacd a few though.  Ugly, quirky and not
recommended, results are mixed, but if the machine is old, it's better
than chucking the machine.

They should add something about retro computing.  For a while in the
early 90's I had a passing interest in things like the Coco model 1, the
TRS-80, the Timex Sinclair 1000, Commodore pet and C=64.  The machines
were mostly slightly before my time or, in the case of the C=64, I
didn't have access to it when it was in its heyday.

-Mike