My struggle with getting small Linux distros installed on my laptop

sciguy-Lmt0BfyYGMw at public.gmane.org sciguy-Lmt0BfyYGMw at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 29 01:29:57 UTC 2012

Hello

For anyone with an HP TX2 Touchsmart laptop, I had a lot of time on my
hands the past couple of days and attempted to try several live linux
distros with a mind to install my best choice on to a Kingston 32GB USB
stick. I ended up choosing Mint/Xfce despite a speed penalty. It did,
after all, recognise the lion's share of devices on my laptop.

I burned 11 distros on to 11 DVDs, and scored them based on some criteria
I thought of "off the cuff":
Wireless
Touch
Stylus
Camera
Sound
Disk recognition
Office software
Ease of use (subjective scale 0(easy)-5(difficult))
Detection and use of Network printer
Speed (subjective scale 1(slow) - 5(fast))

If this is of interest, check out my blog: http://bit.ly/NBobw4