(question) 3 antenna wireless card -- work with only 1 antenna?

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 27 22:38:24 UTC 2012

Hi,

I want to upgrade my wireless adapter to Wireless-N, because
my router is already 300Mbps.  The only problem is physical
orientation of my tower, ie. the back is facing away from the
router.  Currently, I'm using external 8dBi antenna.

Question is...

1. Most Wireless-N adapter cards have 2 or 3 antennas. Will
they work with only 1 antenna, with the others removed?
2. Or, should I just go with USB adapter?
--

William