A Generation Lost in the Bazaar - Poul-Henning Kamp article

Kevin Cozens kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 22 23:39:31 UTC 2012

On 12-08-22 06:37 PM, phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org wrote:
> What happens when you do ls -d? You get '.'
[snip]
> In other words, if you use ls -d, it tells you 'you are in the current
> directory', or more colloquially: you are where you are. That's not a huge
> amount of information.

Definitely not what one would call useful information. No matter where you
are, you are always in the current directory.  ;-)

All it takes is for someone to be annoyed enough at a missing feature for
them to go in and add the feature. So, where is the patch, Peter.  ;-)

Sometimes you can be in for a bit of a battle to get changes in to long
standing programs. 'ls -d */' while not that intuitive works well. I learned
something new today. :-)

--
Cheers!

Kevin.