Rogers, Android, tethering...

Bob Jonkman bjonkman-w5ExpX8uLjYAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 21 04:14:09 UTC 2012

Maybe it's the phone or the firmware, not the carrier. I'm on Wind
Mobile, which does support tethering.  Unfortunately, the latest
firmware I've put on my phone doesn't support USB tethering well (keeps
dropping), and WiFi tethering doesn't work at all.  It's an LG P999
phone and I'm currently running the Genesis ICS variation of
Cyanogenmod. The stable CM7.2 release works fine, but it's a hog on
power, and so *old*!  Any suggestions for stable ICS or Jellybean
firmware for the P999 are appreciated...

--Bob.