Proposal for a Wireless Access authentication talk?

Bob Copeland bcopeland-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Aug 18 16:31:25 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 10:18 PM, Jamon Camisso
<jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On 12-08-08 05:39 PM, Christopher Browne wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 5:32 PM, William Muriithi
>> It still leaves open the question of who knows enough about it to talk
>> about it, but if the scope is drawn down to "You've got 30 minutes",
>> that might make it easier for someone to imagine themselves capable to
>> be the speaker.
>
> I'm no expert, but I could conceive of speaking about WPA2 + Freeradius
> given enough time to get a demo router flashed and create a presentation.

I've set up EAP using hostapd and freeradius before as well and could
probably assist / bluff my way through under similar circumstances.  I
only spent an hour or so on it at the time to see that it worked, so I can't
speak with any expertise about real deployments.

I do some work with wifi drivers in the kernel so I could talk about that as
well.

(I haven't been to a TLUG meeting yet, having moved to the area / country
less than a year ago, so, hi.)

--
Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com