RIP Linuxcaffe?

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 17 16:33:16 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Evan Leibovitch <evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> In the light of this case, their 'Canadian presence' reason didn't make
>> sense to me. But, I have lived long enough to know that rules do not have to
>> always be logical; only enforceable.
>
> Considering the utter mess that some country-code domains have become, often
> willingly in a desperate grab for domain speculators' cash (Columbia and
> Montenegro are
> prime examples), the "Canadian presence" policy is an eminently good one
> IMO. The devil's in the details, of course.

When .LA (Laos) tried to cash in, 'twas pretty funny.  They were after
prominent Los Angeles things.

I don't think tried to make "ahnold.la" a 'premium' name, but there
were other names with Entertaining Pricing...  Some colleagues were
joking about crips.la and bloods.la being promising possibilities.