RIP Linuxcaffe?

Mel Wilson mwilson-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 17 16:30:19 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-08-17 at 11:56 -0400, Evan Leibovitch wrote:
>         In the light of this case, their 'Canadian presence' reason
>         didn't make sense to me. But, I have lived long enough to know
>         that rules do not have to always be logical; only
>         enforceable.
>

> Considering the utter mess that some country-code domains have become,
> often willingly in a desperate grab for domain speculators' cash
> (Columbia and Montenegro are
> prime examples), the "Canadian presence" policy is an eminently good
> one IMO. The devil's in the details, of course.

It was the pickiness that made me choose a .ca domain.  I'd heard about
retailer-registrars that keep ownership of the domain name for
themselves, so that in law I, the customer, could lose the name if the
retailer got a better offer.  I found out at the CIRA booth at one of
the IT360 shows that CIRA specifically does not allow this.  So that was
my choice, after they relaxed the rules so that I could get in at all.

	Mel.