RIP Linuxcaffe?

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 16 23:32:31 UTC 2012

On Wed, 15 Aug 2012, Kevin Cozens wrote:

> On Wed, 2012-08-15 at 09:44 -0400, Todd Howe wrote:
>> From the little I've pieced together, Dave got busy with his film work
>
> I never dropped by Linuxcaffe as it was rather off my beaten track as I'm up
> in Markham. What film work has David done (or is doing)? I see six people
> listed in the IMDB with the same name as his.

David was involved in the film industry long before LinuxCaffe.

Given that he's a camera guy I believe these are both David:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2638517/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4847003/

One point-of-order on the story linked in the original post[1].  It claims
LinuxCaffe opened in 2003.  I helped David early on with the network and
system design (before other TLUGers picked up and task and ran with it)
and I recall these events occuring in 2005[2].

[1] http://www.blogto.com/deadpool/2012/08/linuxcaffe_looks_distinctly_deadpool/

[2] This page agrees with me: http://www.blogto.com/cafes/linuxcaffe

Cheers,

Rob