Need help for an Android Ethernet driver

Scott Allen mlxxxp-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 15 22:23:32 UTC 2012

On 15 August 2012 16:52, Evan Leibovitch <evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Plan A is to use the USB "on the go" spec to attach an Ethernet-to-USB connector.
> Plan B is to get a cheap wifi router, which is more expensive and much
> bulkier.

Provided that you get a small travel router that can be USB powered
and you're already carrying a USB power source (the cell charger you
mentioned in another post) then I'd go the Plan B route (pun
intended).

You'll have to carry an Ethernet cable in either case but it could
possibly be shorter because it doesn't have to reach all the way to
the tablet. This, plus not needing to carry the USB to Etherenet
adapter, might make up for some or all of the bulk of a router.

Any extra bulk would probably be outweighed by the convenience of not
having to have the tablet tethered to the wall. You'd be able to use
it anywhere in the room and not have an awkward adapter and cable
getting in your way, especially if you change the orientation of the
tablet a lot.

--
Scott