Need help for an Android Ethernet driver

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 15 18:12:39 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 01:12:33PM -0400, Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> I know. There are quite a few around. Because this is for travel purposes
> (ie, travelling small/light and trying to avoid powersupply issues) I need
> one that could be powered by USB, from a laptop or a USB cellphone charger
> I'm already packing. That's why the usual Asus and D-Links are unsuitable,
> they force carrying an extra wallwort and plug adaptor. They're also twice
> the price of the one I found in the link shown above. Cheaper and smaller
> still are this one <http://www.ebay.ca/itm/290703542011> or this
> one<http://www.ebay.ca/itm/180933254938#ht_4739wt_1398>
> .
>
> My goal, however, is to make Plan A (connecting the Ethernet via USB/OTG)
> work if I possibly can. Can you help with that?

This person here claims to have one that does work with Nexus 7:

http://www.amazon.com/Ethernet-Adapter-Android-Tablets-Windows/dp/B007RTACDM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1343114520&sr=8-3&keywords=bobjgear

It sounds like anything with an AX88772 chip would work given that is
what it uses.

You apparently also have to disable wifi on android to get wired
networking to work and won't get any indication that it is working other
than it works in programs.

--
Len Sorensen