RIP Linuxcaffe?

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 15 15:32:34 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 11:25 AM, Alex Gabriel <alex-os5u1bLqfxy+Ff04BfjinA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> It's a shame that this does seem to be an accurate story.  I'd only been
> there once, but I rather enjoyed the atmosphere and the coffee.  Hopefully
> someone else picks up the gauntlet in the city, and opens a similar venue.
> How about TLUG Caffe?

It had a fascinating sensibility; I think it would require David
Patrick to duplicate it, and I'm not even sure that duplicating it
would necessarily be a good idea.

The followup probably ought to head down the "trying to be good with
coffee" side of the road.  (Linuxcaffe didn't do *bad* coffee, but Sam
James down the street was THE nearby coffee place!)

Almost certainly starts with ZPM Nocturne
<http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zpmespresso/pid-controlled-espresso-machine>,
as an "open source cappuccino machine."  But that's just a starting
point.  And the project would need a person with a vision.