New computer, recommendations?

John Martin martjh-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 13 00:19:39 UTC 2012

On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 11:22 PM, Peter King <peter.king-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 04:46:26PM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>
> [. . .]
>
> Out of curiosity: Did you use the UEFI "bios" on the board, or go for
> legacy-BIOS mode? And whichever path you took, was it straightforward?

I haven't actually bought a new system in several years. However, I
understand that machines built for Windows 8 may make it difficult to
run anything other than Windows 8 so if you plan to run Linux on it,
be careful!

I know this is likely to be a big issue for the Linux community. I
have no sense of how the hardware makers are responding or what
options they are providing.

John