The TTC bylaws regarding the use of transfers are Draconian, nonsensical and business unfriendly.

dbmacg-HLeSyJ3qPdM at public.gmane.org dbmacg-HLeSyJ3qPdM at public.gmane.org
Sun Aug 12 22:53:31 UTC 2012

Time-based transfers

When the TTC began in 1921, there were *seven* different transit systems
in Toronto each requiring a fare, so to the public, free TTC transfers
were a very big deal. Over the years, the TTC has worked hard to build a
system that makes transfers easy, with transfer-free interchanges.

Time-based transfers have been in operation for about seven years on the
St. Clair streetcar.

The new LRT cars for the TTC will have five doors on each 'car', and fare
handling and transfers will all be revised system-wide when the LRTs come
in, along probably with new 'bendy buses'.

The TTC material handed out at the LRT prototaype last year said that the
TTC was going to a time-based system.

Duncan