The TTC bylaws regarding the use of transfers are Draconian, nonsensical and business unfriendly.

Phillip Mills phillip.mills1-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org
Sun Aug 12 21:21:20 UTC 2012

On 2012-08-12, at 5:05 PM, Evan Leibovitch <evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> We don't use zones like many cities, though that too may be coming

I'm old enough to remember a TTC zone system.  Its passing was a cause for much rejoicing.
It's possible that technological advances would allow a re-implementation that wasn't as painful.

My personal TTC annoyance is the "bulk purchase" price.  When I was taking TTC to work daily, the card cost was about equivalent to paying by ride, assuming a few non-work fares during the month.  It *seems* that giving them the money in a lump sum early should have some reward beyond having to avoid certain entrances.  :-)