The TTC bylaws regarding the use of transfers are Draconian, nonsensical and business unfriendly.

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sun Aug 12 01:21:46 UTC 2012

On 12-08-11 05:03 PM, Jon Thiele wrote:
> The next time you whiners board your precious TTC bus, subway or streetcar,
> notice the little sign that's riveted beside the door.  It states that part
> of the funding for the TTC is paid for by the Government of Ontario.   That
> means that every taxpayer from Windsor to Waterloo to WaWa is forced to
> subsidize your gallivanting around T.O.   So, here's a thought.  Why don't
> you figure out what the true(!) cost of your trip is - and then voluntarily
> pay your fair share?   I say that only after you do that for a couple of
> months - then you get the right to bitch...

This thread has never been OT, but now we're way off and bordering on
hostile.

However, please consider that your self-righteousness is entirely
misplaced. I pay taxes that are used in part to construct and maintain
roads all over the province that I do not, and will not ever use. I do
not complain in the slightest.

Part of having a functioning society is deciding collectively what is
advantageous to the whole. In this case, funding transit makes it
relatively more convenient to live in Toronto, where wages are generally
higher than outside, which in turn leads to more tax revenue to pay for
those pesky roads that I don't use..

Jamon