Wifi-enabled SD Cards

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 1 17:59:36 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 1:44 PM, Giles Orr <gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> A couple questions:
> 1) did you get a Model A Raspberry Pi (ie. without ethernet)?
> 2) wouldn't the more obvious option be ethernet-over-USB through a USB
> hub (or not)?
>
> Ethernet-over-USB seems easier and better supported by Linux (although
> I realize that it may not suit your situation).

These are model B's so they have ethernet.  Currently Pine uses a
Raspbian image (with some shell scripts that modify the default setup)
but the goal is to roll a distribution specific to the project.

My understanding is that the Pi will only boot from an SD card.  What
I'd like to do is trick it into thinking it has an SD card but have
the disk's image on the dev machine.

--
  Scott Elcomb
  @psema4 on Twitter / Identi.ca / Github & more