Help with custom Vim plugin

Neil Watson tlug-neil-8agRmHhQ+n2CxnSzwYWP7Q at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 30 15:47:17 UTC 2012

Greetings,

I would like to have a vim plugin installed system wide under
/usr/share/vim/vimfiles/. This works fine except for help files. I created a
helptags doc to go under /usr/share/vim/vimfiles/doc. When one tries to
generate the help tags Vim tries to write them to the same location. This fails
for normal users. What is the correct way to do about this? Should root
generate the helptags one time during installation? How is that done via a
script?

--
Neil Watson
Linux/UNIX Consultant