Avoiding unattended upgrades?

Mel Wilson mwilson-4YeSL8/OYKRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Sat Apr 28 22:49:32 UTC 2012

I see that Ubuntu is back to pushing unattended upgrades last thing in
its security updates.  My gut feeling is to disapprove: I don't think
I'm my most productive if I constantly wonder what might have happened
to my toolchains and system while my back was turned.  Two questions:

1) Am I overreacting?

2) Are there any serious caveats about installing, say, Debian instead?
I have my /home directories sequestered and backed up.  I've learned
that much, at least.

     Thanks,        Mel.