Odd (?) Connectivity Problem

Phillip Mills phillip.mills1-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 19 15:43:57 UTC 2012

On 2012-04-13, at 5:40 PM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> It may be that something they did is making it trigger the problem,
> but those boxes are ancient, and had issues even when they were new.

To finish the story....  Although I'm still quite sure that the network connection failure was due to changes that the ISP made, it does seem to have been a compatibility problem of some sort rather than an actual error.  I bought a new router yesterday -- mid-price, nothing special -- on the assumption that my old one's main problem was 'old'.  The new one came up and connected fine...plus we now have a second wireless network in the house, which could come in handy.

Thanks for the advice.