Microsoft tries to block Linux off Windows 8 PCs

Ori Idan ori-RdxWQVHs3mjDN57Tih+YPw at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 30 15:51:22 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 6:26 PM, Scott Elcomb <psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 7:00 AM, Alex Gabriel
> <alexgabriel-Nmj6Sl6vboSovDFt+AQlJdBPR1lH4CV8 at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > Overall, I see this as something, that, should it happen, will be
> painful,
> > but will ultimately benefit the consumer as more companies will be
> required
> > to fill the need for computers without Windows.
>

> Putting other issues aside, I agree with this sentiment - it may in
> fact be a boon to the still young Open Hardware movement.  Well, one
> can hope anyway!

I am not sure, most computers come today with windows installed and there
aren't many companies selling computers without operating systems not
because there is no demand for it but more because of the agreements
microsoft forced  them to sign.
I of course would be happy if this will give a boost to open hardware and
computers sold without Windows, but I am not so optimistic.

--
Ori Idan