Nagios Configuration Tool - NConf

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 29 19:24:40 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 2:54 PM, Jamon Camisso
<jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> nagios is being supplanted by a fork called icinga. Check it out - there
> are packages in Debian & Ubuntu and it is built by a community of
> ex-Nagios users who wanted to address some of the political,
> development, and architectural shortcomings of Nagios.
>
> https://www.icinga.org/nagios/feature-comparison/

It is curious to take a peek at the flip side of this...
http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Comparisons/Nagios-Comparison-To-Icinga/details

I expect that the "intellectual property law violations" aspect
represents a complaint that Icinga mayn't have been sufficiently quick
to run "sed s/Nagios/Icinga/g" against the source code; it sure sounds
like FUD...