Nagios Configuration Tool - NConf

Rafael Carneiro rafael.carneiro-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 29 02:13:08 UTC 2011

I have been using Opsview for about 3 years now. I started off with plain
nagios and shell/perl scripts to manage config files. I was ok with that,
but it was always hard to get new people to understand nagios and not mess
it up.
The ease of management that Opsview provides, along with the already
integrated plugins (performance data graphing, mrtg, nmis, ldap auth to name
a few), made it a no brainer. It can also handle distributed monitoring in a
master-slave configuration which is quite nice for external monitoring as
well as large environments (I used to monitor 800+ hosts/10000+ services).
They offer a paid (enterprise) version, which I never used. The community
version does everything I need, and they monitor their forums - so you can
get support there. Documentation is also good.

Rafael

--
Rafael Carneiro, BEng
http://ca.linkedin.com/in/rcarneiro