laser printer for school

Kevin Cozens kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 19 23:29:00 UTC 2011

On 11-09-19 08:25 AM, Dave Cramer wrote:
> I'm looking for a smallish laser printer. I have an old laser jet 6p that
> seems to print forever on a cartridge. Is there anything out there like
> that ? Smaller, more modern, ie USB ?

I recently picked up a Samsung ML1865W laser printer that was on sale at my
local Best Buy. My other choice was an HP P1102W, both of similar size. The
Samsung W model was (and still is) on sale, has built-in WiFi, and is less
expensive than either the ML1865 (no WiFi) or the HP. The replacement toner
cartridges for the Samsung are less expensive than the HP and has better
support for Linux than the HP using drivers you can download from the
Samsung website.

So far, I'm happy with the printer although I don't do a lot of printing.
It's a lot faster than my old Xerox WorkCenter xe80 printer/copier. I am
also impressed with the accuracy of the positioning. If you want a box
around the page that is 1/2" away from the edge of the page that is pretty
much what you get. It is the first printer I've owned where the margins on
the printed page are (almost) exactly as I had them in a word processing
document.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/samsung-samsung-wireless-laser-printer-ml-1865w-ml-1865w/10158923.aspx?path=24166f59d4ee70d700e0520ee39ceef4en02