Grant Officer

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 17 23:57:07 UTC 2011

Another update re: Grant Officer via Jim Mercer:

I visited Grant today.

While I was expecting to see half a face of hamburger, it appears that
the surgeons in Thailand did an excellent job with his skin, there are
no nasty scars related to stitches and all.

Unfortunately, I think he's gonna need a bit more bone sculpture to
fix up some issues with his jaw and nose, but that being said, he
looks fine.

He is still unconscious, and the doctors are not able to pass
judgement on when he will come around.

I was able to get him to open his eye a bit by shaking his knee, and I
swear I saw his heart rate change when his mom was talking to him.

He is currently in ICU, where they are reviewing the doctor's notes
from Thailand, and doing some of their own tests to try to get a firm
grip on his condition.

They say he may be moved to a regular room later this week.