ssh/ethernet hanging...

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 13 18:34:19 UTC 2011

On 09/13/2011 01:13 PM, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> Very good point.  I've had Linux behave mysteriously bad when / gets
> full (and perhaps other filesystems like /var).  Not the first thing I
> check, but it should be.

An OpenVZ container on which I'm setting up an anti-spam/anti-virus
gateway just ran out of inodes. Peter, check df -i.

I've also had strange behaviour like you're describing with disk
problems. I was getting mysterious and random hard crashes. The culprit
turned out to be the disk drive.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay