Interesting Development

Darryl Moore darryl-90a536wCiRb3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 11 17:59:33 UTC 2011

Indeed, but were the ISPs actively fighting the requests or were they
simply going through the necessary motions because that is what PIPEDA
requires?

http://www.michaelgeist.ca/content/view/5999/125/

"In this instance, the court cited PIPEDA as evidence that the personal
information can be disclosed as well as federal court rules for the
legitimacy of the claim and the necessity of acquiring the information
for the lawsuit to proceed. There is no indication that the ISPs
challenged the order or that there was an opportunity for a public
interest intervention as was the case in the earlier CRIA lawsuits."

While the smaller ISPs as well as Shaw have demonstrated that they will
fight and challenge the evidence in court. Robbers and Hell have
demonstrated that they will not!