Easy IPv6

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 11 16:13:34 UTC 2011

I recently received a gogoCPE, which is a device for adding IPv6 support
to an IPv4 network.  You just plug it into your network and within
several seconds you can be running IPv6 to the internet, as well as on
your network.  It uses 6in4 tunnelling to carry IPv6 in IPv4 packets to
a "tunnel broker" where the IPv4 headers are stripped off and the IPv6
sent out to the world.  The gogoCPE can work behind a NAT firewall, but
in that situation UDP is used to encapsulate the IPV6 packet, instead of
IP protocol 41.

I have been using their software client (both Linux & Windows) for over
a year and it also works well.  Both the gogoCPE and software client can
provide a /56 subnet (2^72 or 4722366482869645213696 addresses) of which
a /64 (2^64 addresses) is used for the local network.  The other 255 /64
subnets can be routed elsewhere.

gogoCPE
http://gogoware.gogo6.com/4105/description.asp?product_id=180

6in4 tunnelling