Using VPN at UoT with Network Manager?

Mel Wilson mwilson-4YeSL8/OYKRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 9 14:00:23 UTC 2011

On 11-09-08 10:20 AM, Sina Eetezadi wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> i just arrived in Toronto and I am a UoT PhD student in the pharma
> building working on cancer research. I use Ubuntu 10.04 and
> I would love to connect to the VPN via the Network manager.
>
> They offer the following tutorial:
> http://vpn.utoronto.ca/nix_install
>
> This already works. Now I took the .ovn file and copy and pasted the
> certificates into three different files so I can use them in the network
> manager. Yes, I installed the OpenVPN packet first.
>
> However, it doesn't work. It tries, does not ask for the username and
> then fails because of timeout. Mybe there is a detailled lofg somewhere
> I don't know about.
>
> Did any of you guys succeed to do that?

The one time I worked with OpenVPN, I used Mick Bauer's articles from
Linux Journal:

<http://www.linuxjournal.com/magazine/paranoid-penguin-linux-vpns-openvpn>
<http://www.linuxjournal.com/magazine/paranoid-penguin-linux-vpns-openvpn-part-ii>
<http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1767732>
<http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/10744>
<http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/10761>

Maybe they'll help sort out what's happening.

	Mel.