Using VPN at UoT with Network Manager?

Sina Eetezadi sina.eetezadi-UsiKwlUuF4aeFQavDyXPBQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 8 14:20:15 UTC 2011

Hi guys,

i just arrived in Toronto and I am a UoT PhD student in the pharma
building working on cancer research. I use Ubuntu 10.04 and
I would love to connect to the VPN via the Network manager.

They offer the following tutorial:
http://vpn.utoronto.ca/nix_install

This already works. Now I took the .ovn file and copy and pasted the
certificates into three different files so I can use them in the network
manager. Yes, I installed the OpenVPN packet first.

However, it doesn't work. It tries, does not ask for the username and
then fails because of timeout. Mybe there is a detailled lofg somewhere
I don't know about.

Did any of you guys succeed to do that?

Thank you.

Sina