Call from Wicrosoft

Howard Gibson hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 7 21:09:11 UTC 2011

On Wed, 7 Sep 2011 14:11:24 -0400
phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org wrote:

> I just had a call ostensibly from Microsoft in California. The gentleman
> (Chris Brown) says there is something wrong with my computer which is
> confusing their servers.
>
> He gave his phone number as 424-256-2700.
>
> Since I'm runing Suse Linux it does seem unlikely I'd be screwing over a
> Microsoft Server.
>
> Any suggestions what I should do with this apparent scam?
>
> Peter

Peter,

   I am getting phone calls from people claiming that my computer is broadcasting onto the internet.  The big problem is not sounding too confident with these people.  They twig to the fact that you are not running Windows.

   Here is the ultimate reaction to this crap...

   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7OgWcwgB50

--
Howard Gibson
hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org