OT: Opinion, best open source license to use?

Dave Germiquet davegermiquet-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 6 22:08:21 UTC 2011

Hi Lennart,

Yes. Thats why I was thinking GPLv2 or GPLv3. So it'll be more
advantageous for them to use it and improve.

The don't have to give source code if they use it just for them.

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 6:00 PM, Lennart Sorensen
> On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 05:44:25PM -0400, Dave Germiquet wrote:
>> Here is my main reasons for open sourcing it:
>>
>> 1. I want people to be able to improve it and I can see what they have
>> improved so I also can learn.
>
> OK that rules out the BSD license.  BSD license has no requirement what
> so ever that they give any changes to anyone.
>
> I don't know if any of the standard open source licenses require sharing
> anything with the author.  GPL requires sharing with users you give
> binaries to, but no more.
>
>> 2. I want people to see how I did things and learn how to program with
>> android with it (sorta like how I googled to find how to code
>> different things in android
>> 3. My current users are having problems or want things updated.
>> Wouldn't mind seeing them be able to still use this program.
>
> --
> Len Sorensen

 Want to send emails that can't be read by someone else

Some people ask "Why encrypt email?" The reason is simple: privacy. As
it stands, getting access to an email message is very easy to do.
Whether it's because of an email server being hacked, the email being
intercepted, or even laws that allow governments to go through all
electronic messages sent. You have a right to your privacy, but it's
up to you to protect that right.

* Encrypt with my pgp key which can be found here:
* https://keyserver.pgp.com/vkd/GetWelcomeScreen.event
-- For more info go here: http://www.gnupg.org/ for GNU Version
   or here http://www.symantec.com/business/theme.jsp?themeid=pgp
   for business implementation.