OT: Opinion, best open source license to use?

Ted ted.leslie-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 6 21:20:47 UTC 2011

You have to decide on the primary key point: will you force derived
works to be shared,
or that people can take your work and put in proprietary. i.e.
BSD/MIT/MSPL vs. GPL2/3 type decision.
If you feel people deriving from it are not likely to be using it in
proprietary, the GPL3 it, if
it will be very useful in proprietary software, and your ok with that,
then BSD/MIT it.
If you go GPL then you have to decide on whether you want GPL2 (tivo
happy), or GPL3(non tivo happy) :)

-tl