Solved Debian update - keyboard responsive, Lennart Sorrenson not so much

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 31 14:39:36 UTC 2011

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 08:25:29AM +0200, Ori Idan wrote:
> As much as I remember, scripts prefix with K are executed as stop only
> when you exit a runlevel,, that means that in this case udev is killed when
> you exit the system (or switch runlevel)

No, actually all scripts in a run level are executed when you enter
that runlevel.  Most are executed as start scripts, some as stop.

Some people would have a runlevel setup for doing backups, and another
for normal operation.  Switching to the backup level would stop various
services then the backup could run, and then switching back would start
the services again.

--
Len Sorensen