Weird Local Network Problem

Thomas Milne thomas.bruce.milne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 30 15:53:43 UTC 2011

This is a little odd.

I have a WD MyBookWorld drive on my local network. It has 3
pre-configured shares, Public, Download, and Configuration. I have
Public currently mounted on my desktop.

Also, my PS3 can access the files in Public through the built-in DLNA
server on the MyBook.

However, as of this morning, I cannot mount or browse any of the
shares on the MyBook from any computer on the network, even a Windows
netbook. Even though Public is still mounted on my main Linux desktop,
and I can transfer files to it, I cannot see it the shares otherwise.
In fact, if I go into Nautilus and go to Network, I cannot even browse
the 'Windows Network' where the MyBook usually shows up.

I did try to create some Samba shares on my main desktop the other
day, but I don't know how that could affect all of the machines, could
it?

I don't even know where to start looking. I don't want to change
anything for fear of losing even that one share that I have access
to...

Help?

--
Thomas Milne