OT: Android power-hog app

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 26 19:08:38 UTC 2011

On 26 October 2011 13:41, Burhan Hanoglu <hanoglu_b-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> ________________________________

On Android 3.x the equivalent is filed under Settings -> Applications
-> Battery use.  Unfortunately, the amount of time it reports on is
extremely variable at its whim, being anywhere from 15 minutes to 6
hours - and more important, I don't think I'm buying what it's telling
me.  When the tablet has been on for a while, what I see on that chart
makes sense, but when the tablet has been off for a while the "Battery
use" chart will occasionally report the Screen as the main user of
power.  And it doesn't mention other processes I know are running that
they evidently don't consider "significant enough."  Sorry I didn't
mention that I'd tried that: I wrote it off a while ago, and thus my
reliance on a third party app.  It's a sound suggestion, it just
doesn't seem to be working in this context.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/
gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org