OT: Android power-hog app

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 26 17:19:57 UTC 2011

With the assistance of the "Battery Monitor Widget" Android app, I've
been trying to figure out what exactly could cause the battery charge
on an Asus Transformer to tank entirely overnight.  For a couple
months, the battery lasted as long as I expected (several days), but
now the battery charts are showing that occasionally I have several
hours overnight where the power consumption is in the 2-7 mA range
(expected), and then it can suddenly switch to the 40-140 mA range and
stay there permanently.  But I don't know what's causing this, and I'm
not even sure I can get at the appropriate logs on an unrooted device
(or if those logs exist).  Anyone have any thoughts about tracking
this down?  Thanks.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/